HTML::DOM, version 0.026
HTML::DOM is a Perl implementation of the HTML Document Object Model
This is an alpha release. So far, the level-2 core and HTML DOM
interfaces have been implemented, most of the level-2 event interfaces
and some of the level-2 style sheet interfaces.
See the Changes file for the long version.
• Parsing of comments (RT #48168)
• HTML::DOM::Interface now maps HTML::DOM::TreeBuilder to
HTMLHtmlElement, instead of HTMLElement. (This class is
used for the element when the tree is being built.)
• innerHTML no longer dies when serialising a text node that was cre-
ated from an object with string overloading.
Increased the CSS::DOM required version to 0.06. (I forgot it in the previous release.)
- Finish Level 2 Events support (HTMLEvents)
- Finish Level 2 CSS support
- Other DOM interfaces (the rest of level 2, and level 3)
- HTML 5 stuff
- Write more complete documentation
- Write more tests
- Finishing checking for memory leaks (run all tests under
The easiest way to install this module is to use the CPAN module or
the cpan script:
[sudo] perl -MCPAN -e "install HTML::DOM"
[sudo] cpan HTML::DOM
Or you can use the following:
[sudo] make install
This module requires perl 5.8.2 or later and the following
- Scalar::Util 1.14 or later
- Exporter 5.57 or later
- HTML::TreeBuilder and HTML::Element (both part of the HTML::Tree
distribution) (tested with 3.23)
- URI (tested with 1.35)
- LWP 1.13 or later
- CSS::DOM 0.06 or later
- HTML::Encoding is required if the parse_file method is to be used.
After installing, you can find documentation for this module with the
Or try using man (it's faster, in my experience):
COPYRIGHT AND LICENCE
Copyright (C) 2007-9 Father Chrysostomos
This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify
it under the same terms as perl.